Sometimes Banks decides he doesn't really want to take a nap. This was one of those days.
So with the extra three hours of awake time, I decided that we would make cupcakes!
I was a little hesitant because I thought that he would be into everything but instead he really listened and watched and took it all in.
While I mixed the batter, he devoured the icing. He LOVED it.
It was a great time!
I usually get all huffy puffy when he doesn't nap because selfishly I am thinking about all the stuff I need to be doing during that time. Stuff that doesn't involve train tables, tractors, cars, etc.
This time I decided to "get over it" and focus on what we could do together.
I'm sure I wont be able to abandon my "huffy puffy" attitude all together, because lets face it, some people are just born that way but I'm going to really make a conscious effort.
So here's to less attitude (when he doesn't nap)!
So with the extra three hours of awake time, I decided that we would make cupcakes!
I was a little hesitant because I thought that he would be into everything but instead he really listened and watched and took it all in.
While I mixed the batter, he devoured the icing. He LOVED it.
It was a great time!
I usually get all huffy puffy when he doesn't nap because selfishly I am thinking about all the stuff I need to be doing during that time. Stuff that doesn't involve train tables, tractors, cars, etc.
This time I decided to "get over it" and focus on what we could do together.
I'm sure I wont be able to abandon my "huffy puffy" attitude all together, because lets face it, some people are just born that way but I'm going to really make a conscious effort.
So here's to less attitude (when he doesn't nap)!

Oh how sweet he is cooking in the kitchen! Maybe he will be the one to get the "cooking gene" from Mimi! I also have hopes for Addie as she has cooked pizza twice this weekend at our house. The pics are just precious of Banks--I miss him soooo!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Mimi
First, I want to thank you for your comment on my blog. Second, I love that you 'got over it' and made cupcakes with him. But like you, I tend to selfishly horde my 'me time' and when my girls try to push bedtime back even a half our, it makes me ouchie. But I'll try to get over myself too. :-)
ReplyDelete